Anchovies Cucur Kodok (Cucur Ikan Bilis)

We have just had a big lunch prepared by my wife, but still thinking about something to eat. So I told my wife that I fancy a snack, and its a Cekodok time!'. Whats up with Cekodok? Well, again it simple, quick and easy to prepare.

Cucur Kodok Ikan Bilis
It’s originally known as ‘Cucur Kodok’ and as it evolves, it now best known as ‘Cekodok’ or ‘Cukodok’. This is a typical tea time menu for most Malaysian. There are several ways to make it but today I will present you with my simple Anchovies Cekodok (Cekodok Ikan Bilis).

INGREDIENTS:

400 grams plain flour
2 eggs
1 cup 0f water
5 cloves of shallot
2 scallions, finely chopped
1/2 hand of dried anchovies
1/2 teaspoon of salt

HOW TO:

Mix shallot, garlic and anchovies in a food processor. Then mix them with flour, eggs, salt and water. Stir until the texture is smooth. Using a tablespoon, scoop the mixture and deep fried for about 3-5 minutes.

This is best to eat while its still hot and best served with chili sauce (Maggi, Aminah Hassan or Lingham). My favorite is Aminah Hassan chili sauce. How about you?

4 Comments

NB: Anonymous and keywords comment will not be published.

  1. Simple, easy and delicious! Good luck with your foods blogging in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sally. By the way just started and lots more to be learned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could I add some sliced spring onion and chopped curry leaves? Would that spoil the taste?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi S.leong,

    Spring onion will be a good addition to the cucur but I m not sure about the curry leaves.

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post