Satay

A few days ago, I received an email from Mr Henry from Thai food website satay.com asking for a link exchange. Unfortunately, at the moment I am not exchanging any link. However, as I browsed through his website, I have found something informative that can be shared with all Selera Malaysia readers. So, please welcome satay.com to Selera Malaysia as he shares his knowledge about satay with us.

satay
In the world of fine cuisine, nobody can deny the strong influence of Asian food into the international atmosphere. A very good example is Satay, if it does not sound familiar, continue reading and you will know much more about it by the time you are done reading. First of all, Satay is a meat dish that is prepared marinated, grilled or barbecued usually over a charcoal (or wood) fire. This dish is served with several spicy seasonings.

SatayIts origins may be somewhere around Indonesia in Sumatra or Java. Satay is the national dish of Indonesia and it can be found in many varieties of the dish depending on the ingredients or preparation methods.

The most common ones include the Sate Madura, which is made of mutton or chicken in a black sauce made of kecap manis (an Indonesia sweet soy sauce), the Sate Padang that is made of goat or beef boiled and grilled with turmeric, ginger, garlic, coriander, etc. also you can find the Sate Ponorogo, made of chicken, shallots, lime juice and a chili paste called sambal.

Finally, We have the Sate Tegal, made of the meat of 5 month old (a young goats), this dish is grilled and usually served well done. If you are not hungry already, there must be something wrong with you, go visit satay.com for more information.

27 Comments

NB: Anonymous and keywords comment will not be published.

  1. The photos of those satay dishes look very tasty. Thanks for sharing. I also enjoy Thai food. I will have to visit satay.com and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. words that you choose are perfect but i like the second pictures that watered my mouth........awesome

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stuff. I spent a few weeks in Bali years ago, absolutely lived on Satay and chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,

    I have go through your post and found some information which is quite important for me.
    So, please keep it up with your these kind of posts.

    Thanks
    Cookbook

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was my mistake that I found your blog before dinner ;) Your recipes are very interesting, pictures are amazing, everything looks just perfect. I think I will try to do something from your recipes by myself. I hope I'll make it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with you that Asian foods contribute a lot in the taste of the people around the world. Grilled and marinated meat is one of those dish that fit to all taste buds. Aside from that you can have it as a snack or you may eat it with rice, for the guys it is the best if they will partner it with a gin or beer. Thank you for sharing this post I hope I can read more articles about Asian cuisine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,
    its not bad to do link exchange.its give more choice for a user. well satay is looking tasty i will try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have been asked to provide top class Satay on one of our aircraft flying tomorrow. As it is the holidays we have been unable to secure from usual restaurant sources so our flight attendant is making herself from the satay.com site!! Fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried to do this recipe but i think the taste it was not really good for me, however my husband love it the spicy taste of sauce.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Sylvia,

    Thanks for your comment. However please do try my satay recipe at http://www.seleramalaysia.com/2010/04/chicken-satay-or-sate-recipe.html.

    ReplyDelete
  11. its from indonesia you know. Indonesian traditional food.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks good. Checked out Henry's website, a few posts but quality pictures and writing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG the pictures look delicious.... It's 1AM & I totally want to go get some spicy food down my stomach >_< Bad idea to read a food blog at midnight I guess...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is some delicious food.
    I was in the Philippines where I first found my love for Malaysian food.

    I like spicy food as well so it was extra great.

    Selina

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks incredibly tasty. I'm going to try it out this weekend, I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow great stuff! I'll take a look at satay.com too and I must admit, I love asian food! Especially thai food.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow!!! Those pictures makes me crave for barbecue now... I really love grilled food and it's just one of my favorites. This Satay is very much tasty to look at plus those spicy seasoning makes it perfect!!! Oh. how I love to have Satay for dinner today. That is way too yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I eat something similar in Thailand. It looks really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey
    This very nice. Looks really tasty. Asian food is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great recipe i made it and it was great. We almost forget how good homemade food really was. Great article

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the mouth watering pictures, suddenly I wanna go and eat some satay ...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Read the article and want to eat now:)
    I want to cook this dish now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've tasted Satay when i was in Singapore. Taste so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really nice recipe. Too bad I cannot eat it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Looks delicious :-)
    Have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Satay has got to be my favourite when it comes to a chinese takeaway. Its great to get my hands on a recipe. I recon these would cook great on a barbeque as you have mentioned, better flavours that way, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What's good with barbeque? Everything about it, I love! Nice blog. Try Mexican cooking, too, it's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post