Cornflake Cookies Recipe

This is our first time! The simplest cookies ever but it is popular among Malaysian especially during 'Hari Raya' or 'Chinese New Year' season. Well, this is baking for beginner and I think it is a perfect recipe to start with. However, the cookies wasn't prepared by me (not really into the baking) but my wife.

Cornflake Cookies
Cornflake Cookies
She said that now is a good time to starts to learn. And I said 'but why now?' It's just a curiosity from nowhere. Then she replied, 'ermm...while reminiscing for nothing, I suddenly thought about a Facebook status quote by one of our good friend, and it's really a good one.

"So..what is the occassion ibu?? Huh? You..baking the cake. Owh...its for u for being good to mommy and..u can bring to the creche and share with ur friend if u want? Deep down because I want to feel like HOME with the smell of baking especially for the kiddos..one day u'll say owhh my mom used to bake this cake:)"

Biskut Cornflake
So if you would like to try this simple cookie, just follow the instruction below. Remember this is just a guideline.

Ingredients:
1. 250g cornflakes
2. 125g butter
3. 1/2 cup of brown sugar
4. 5tbs honey or golden syrup
5. sesame seeds
6. cookies cup

How to:
a) Mix the butter with sugar on the stove until dissolve.
b) Then put into bowl, pour the cornflakes and the honey.
c) Stir slowly until well mixed
d) scoop into the small cookies cup and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top of it
e) bake in the oven for about 10-15mins


23 Comments

NB: Anonymous and keywords comment will not be published.

  1. Wow, this sounds so yummy and can be prepared easily. Thanks for sharing such an awesome recipe with us here. Great share!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! they really look good. I have eaten them in my friends house as his mom used to make them and she is quite good at it. I am also wondering to start making them in my home as now i have the recipe and the method to make it,which previously i didn't have. Thanks for the post....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing that great recipe with us and it seems that we are going to enjoy while making and even more when we eat...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy Post. The recipe seems to be very tasty. really thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this cornflake cookies is the must have item on ied mubarak. the butter makes it more crunchy. yumm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love cornflakes and my husband loved cookies. This is a good recipe for both of us. I'll sure try this out tomorrow. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun and easy recipe to start off with when teaching kids to bake cookies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks simple, easy, tasty and healthy. I promise to try this one at home. I'm sure my kids folk will love this so much. And hope the taste that I will make is same as yours. Thanks for sharing this and hope to see more of your recipe in this site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I ever try this recipe, it so delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great recipe! i tried it regardless of this post , in the past and it tasted very interesting... be careful not to overburn the corn flakes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it. Will try the recipe this Christmas. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, would like to ask about the temperature to bake the cookies in. How high a temperature or should I just gauge when it turns golden?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,
    The temperature around 150-160C and bake for few minutes until it turns golden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh cool! thanks for the tip! gonna try it with my sis soon.

    cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so easy to do, yet also so good.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope this is deleious in eating as look in picture.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Delicious. I will try but I will make with olive oil instead butter. I think more healthy :). Great receipt!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think this is the easiest baking to make for CNY.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice! And what reciepes do you recommend to losing weight?

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow,it's look delicious. I'm going to try someday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. these cookies look delicious and perfect to munch on for kids

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post