Mee Goreng Mamak Recipe (Fried Egg Noodles Mamak Style)

Last Saturday, we sat in our living room and were counting days for our holiday to Malaysia (It’s going to be the second holiday for Safia). Can’t wait! We were talking about the holiday for almost every day now since last month. We were talking about stuff like, where to go, what to eat, where to eat and more. To be honest, what and where to eat are our main topic when discussing about holiday.

Mee Goreng Mamak

As usual, when talking about food it will definitely make me feel hungry. One of the food in our food to eat list is ‘Mee Goreng Mamak’ and seriously I really can’t wait that long to have one. Anyway Anes is here to safe the day, so problem solved.

As quick as speeding bullet I cycled all the way to the Oriental Emporium Jervis for ingredients needed. I have managed to get everything for Anes’s ‘Mee Goreng Mamak’ the ultimatum accept for fried tofu and I was to lazy to cycle all the way to Asia Market in Drury Street just for dried tofu purposes. For that reason the dish can't be purely called as 'Mee Goreng Mamak' as I believe fried tofu is essential to the dish. So please include fried tofu in the future.

So here I present Mamak Style Mee Goreng recipe by Anes.

INGREDIENTS:

1kg of egg noodles
2 pieces of fishcake (thinly sliced
1 slice of chicken breast (thinly sliced)
Choi Sum
4 eggs
10 dried chilies
6 cloves of shallot
4 cloves of garlic
4 tablespoons of oyster sauce
2 tablespoons of soy sauce
Salt to taste
2 lime (Limau Kasturi)

HOW TO:

Blend dried chilies, shallot and garlic in a blender. Heat up cooking oil in a wok and stir fry the mixture (paste) until the oil separates from paste. Add chicken and fishcake stir fry for a minute. Add oyster sauce, soy sauce and salt to taste. Then add some choi sum and egg noodles and continue stirring. Finally, make a hole in the middle of the wok and scramble eggs and mix with the noodles.

Note: For ultimatum taste squeeze some lime onto ‘Mee Goreng Mamak’ before served.

4 Comments

NB: Anonymous and keywords comment will not be published.

  1. this is so awesome! gtreat work!
    have a great festive, this Chinese New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Big Boys Oven. I am not celebrating Chinese New Year but thanks for wishing. However I must say that I did enjoy my time during the Chinese New Year festival back I in Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the recipe and the wonderful website.

    Looks nice but I think I'd really miss, potatoes and ketchup in a mamak mee goreng. I haven't visited Malaysia in 9 years but I still remember the food vividly. I'm off to Langkawi and Penang in May, Langkawi for nature, beaches and relaxation and Penang for some culture, food, food and more food. Very excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been looking for this for ages. A good friend of mine, many years ago was from Malaysia and he showed me lots of dishes. But I did not write many down. Just trying to recover them now. So glad I found this.
    Celtnet Recipes Blog

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post