Chicken Rendang Recipe From Negeri Sembilan

Chicken Rendang
Chicken Rendang Negeri Sembilan
This is a Chicken Rendang Negeri Sembilan recipe.

It has been five years and just realized that there is no Rendang recipe available here. I am sure many of my readers in Malaysia and Singapore have been wondering why haven’t I published yet any Rendang recipe? To be honest, every time Rendang being prepared, I or Anes did not get a chance to snap a single photo.

Rendang Ayam

Rendang Ayam Negeri Sembilan

Rendang
 can't be categorized as a simple recipe and there are several type of available. It can be either Chicken Rendang or Beef Rendang. I like hot Rendang the most, which is the one originated from Negeri Sembilan. For those who like the heat, should try this one out. Anes has learn this recipes from my mom and I believe this has been simplified. I have prepared myself one or two time when I was in Dublin.

So here are the recipe for Chicken Rendang Negeri Sembilan:

Ingredients:
1 whole chicken ( I prefer to cut 16 pieces)
15-21 Birdseye Chili or Cili Padi (you to decide, it is suppose to be used all green but no harm to mix with red)*
Inch and half of Fresh Turmeric*
3 Lemongrass*
1 1/2 cup thick coconut milk
2 tablespoons of Kerisik
2 Asam Keping
1 turmeric leaf (finely chopped)
2-3 Kafir Limeleaf or daun Limau Purut (optional)
Salt and sugar

Note: no oil and onion needed for this recipe

How to:
In a food processor, grind all the asterisks item above to make paste.  In a pan or pot(best to use non stick), put chicken and the paste you have processed earlier. Add water and simmer on medium heat, stirring frequently until the chicken is half cooked. Add coconut milk and continue to stir.Add the Asam Keping, kaffir leaves, kerisik (toasted coconut), and continue to stir to blend well with the chicken. Finally finely chopped turmeric leaf and add salt to taste and pinch of sugar(optional).Lower the heat to low and simmer for 1/2 to 1 hours or until the gravy has dried up.

Post a Comment

NB: Anonymous and keywords comment will not be published.

Previous Post Next Post