Sambal Tumis Sotong For Rasa Malaysia

Sambal Sotong
Sambal Sotong
One of the best Malaysia food blog available is Rasa Malaysia. I was a silence reader of this blog before Bee (the owner) approached me to contribute something on her blog.

Sambal Tumis Sotong Squid
Sambal Tumis Sotong

It is a Sambal Tumis Sotong (Squid Sambal) recipe suggested by her as I am totally out of ideas when she asks me what recipe would be in my mind. This is one of famous and favourite dish available in Malaysia. So if you are interested with Sambal Tumis Sotong, just follow the recipe below or alternatively go to her blog, there you will find tips and instruction on how to prepare a delicious Sambal Tumis Sotong.

Ingredients:


200-300g of fresh squid
3 cloves of shallot *
1 clove garlic *
½ inch ginger *
5-10 dried chillies *
1 onion (sliced)
1 teaspoon of belacan
Tamarind juice (soak a teaspoon of tamarind paste in a cup of warm water)
1 tablespoons of sugar
Salt to taste
Oil


How To:


First blend the asterisk (*) ingredients. Heat oils in a frying pan and sauté the blended ingredients until the paste separated from the oil. Add belacan (prawn paste). Then add in squid and stir well until cook (estimate for a minute). Put in the slices onion until it about to soft. And finally, add tamarind juice, sugar and salt to taste. Simmer on low heat until the sambal thickens.

2 Comments

NB: Anonymous and keywords comment will not be published.

  1. I am happy that Bee at Rasa Malaysia introduced your blog to me. I'll be back to explore some more since I love to learn from my "neighbours"

    Cheers,

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sambal sotong surely looks yummy for the tummy!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post