Marbled Tea Eggs Recipe

For those who are close to me, knows where I got the Marbled Tea Eggs recipe from. This is a traditional Chinese recipe that usually served as a snack or as a condiment. As Selera Malaysia blog has been on the internet for about 3 months, the recipe is the first and are going to be the start up point for Chinese recipe in this blog.
Marbled Tea Eggs
Marbled Tea Eggs
The Marbled Tea Eggs that I have prepared here was created from the left over boiled eggs of our yesterday's Nasi Lemak. Just for your info, we sell Nasi Lemak on every Saturday for Dubliners. We have been in this business since 2009. Perhaps someday I will post an article about our Saturday Nasi Lemak activity in this blog. So below is the recipe and the instruction for you to follow.

Ingredients:
4 eggs
1/2 a cup of dark soy sauce
2 star anise
2 tea bags
1 teaspoon of salt

How to:
Boil eggs in a bowl for about 15-20 minutes or until hard boil. Drain and add cold water. Put the hard boil eggs aside. When the eggs are cold, gently roll to craze its shell(this is to create the marble effect). Then in a new bowl, add water, dark soy sauce, star anise, tea bags, salt and eggs(crazed shell earlier). Stir and bring to boil. Leave the eggs in the bowl and leave overnight.

3 Comments

NB: Anonymous and keywords comment will not be published.

  1. YUMMY this looks great. I love your blog, My family and i are in Malaysia now for another week to and we LOVE it. I am happy to find your blog to take the recipes home with me :)

    I am in Saudi and have a food blog myself.
    http://www.yasalamcooking.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great! It's very interesting recipe!

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post